Starting Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 / Hour
Will assist in routing, scheduling, and assigning bus driver personnel; answer questions and record actions; respond to emergency telephone requests as appropriate, referring to supervisor as needed. Operate a two-way radio. Maintain computerized records and files.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All behaviors comply with the Policies and Procedures Manual
- Monitor and/or respond to a variety of calls including two-way radios and mobile phones; verify and monitor vehicle unit locations via computers; record all service calls; prepare, prioritize and relay transportation requests including emergency situations.
- Skill in:
- Operating various types of dispatching equipment including two-way radios and mobile phones
- Operating various types of office equipment including computers, adding machines, and photocopiers Ability to:
- Be empathetic and cognizant of the needs of senior and disabled citizens
- Remain calm in all circumstances with customers & fellow workers
- Pass a drug test. “Preference will be given to applicants who possess a National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC). Employer will accept the NCRC in lieu of a GED/High School Diploma. For more information on obtaining a National Career Readiness Certificate, contact your local South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation office.”