Medical TransportationRiver Cities Public Transit
Click here to request a ride online. Or call 605-945-2360, Toll Free at 877-587-5776
Guidelines for Non-Emergency Medical Related Trips
*RCPT accepts Medicaid as a form of payment.
Guidelines for Local in Town Trips
- You are encouraged to pre-schedule any in town rides at least the day before. All rides will be prepaid.
- Please be sure to allow enough time (we recommend 30 min) between the requested pick up time and your appointment time to ensure that you make your appointment on time.
Guidelines for Out of Town Medical Trips
- You are encouraged to call at least 48 hours in advance for trips outside the city limits of your community.
- Out of town medical appointments must be scheduled between 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. CST, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. MST.
- Passengers will not be picked up prior to 6:00 am CST
- For those who are to receive radiation treatment, please inform RCPT dispatch personnel when scheduling the trip. (as this may affect other passengers)
- All out-of-town trips must be prepaid.
- All trips are on a 1st come 1st serve basis on driver availability.
- The chart below shows the fares for the out-of-town trips from Pierre.
Guidelines for using Medicaid as a form of payment
- Based on your Medicaid benefits, they may pay up to 100% of the ride in the local area and/or out-of-town trips.
- A Medicaid Ride Voucher must be completed for each trip.
- All out of town Medicaid paid trips will be pre-approved. What this means is that you call our office with your birth date and nine digit Medicaid number so we can verify your eligibility.
Personal Care Attendants
- All Personal Care Attendants ride at no additional charge.
- Personal Care Attendants must be an adult willing and able to assist the passenger.
- A Personal Care Attendant may be a friend, family member, medical professional, or assisted living center staff.
- River Cities Public Transit drivers are well trained to transport passengers. They are not licensed medical professionals. River Cities Public Transit requires passengers residing in a nursing home to have a personal care attendant ride with them.
|Sioux Falls, Mitchell, Chamberlain *||$100||$40||$100||$40||$100|
|Rapid City, Fort Mead *||$40||$100||$40||$100||$100|
- Any medical appointments to any other destination that is not in conjunction with Rapid City or Sioux Falls needs to be made between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm CST.
- Any destination that is not in conjunction with Rapid City or Sioux Falls will be at the rate of $2.00 per passenger and a mileage rate of $.50 per mile.
- Any additional stop during out of town trips are $6.00.
*Trips to towns on the way to either Sioux Falls or Rapid City will be charged the same rate as the destination city.