Hyde County TransitRiver Cities Public Transit
Call 605-852-3030 to schedule a ride
7 am – 7 pm Monday thru Friday and 9 am – 2 pm Sunday (closed Saturday)
- Public transportation is available in the Highmore area.
- The fare for a pre-scheduled in-town ride is $1.00 per ride.
- Youth in-town & Holabird is $.50 and Harrold is $1.00
- ADA accessible vehicles are available to passengers with special needs.
- Medical appointments pre-scheduled between 10 am – 2 pm before date of appointment.
- Trips to Rapid City or Sioux Falls will be coordinated with River Cities Public Transit out of Pierre. (This may affect pick-up times)
- Out of town medical trips are available on off days at a higher rate with a minimum 48 hour advance notice.
- All out of town medical trips are on a 1st come 1st serve basis and are based on driver availability.
- Non-medical out of town trips available with 48 hour notice at $1.50 per mile plus the $1.00 pre-scheduled ride fare.
- Medicaid is an accepted form of payment for medical trips.
Fare Structure for Medical Trips
- Highmore to Miller on Tue-Wed-Thurs – $7.00
- Highmore to Faulkton – $15.00
- Highmore to Miller off day – $15.00
- Highmore to Redfield every 4th Tuesday – $25.00
- Highmore to Pierre Monday and Friday – $15.00
- Highmore to Pierre off day – $24.00
- Highmore to Huron – $25.00
- Highmore to Aberdeen – $30.00
- Highmore to Rapid City-Mon/Wed/Fri – $35.00
- Highmore to Rapid City-Tues-Thurs – $75.00
- Highmore to Sioux Falls/Mitchell-Tue & Thurs – $25.00
- Highmore to Sioux Falls/Mitchell-Mon-Wed-Fri – $75.00